Monday, August 07, 2006

Google warns on 'unsafe' websites

This is good news, alerting people to malware can only be useful, if only there was a built-in virus scan on XP like the built-in firewall, I wouldn't mind getting emails from my parents-in-law. Despite clearing their computer out several times, and buying them anti-virus software ( they don't trust the free stuff), they never update it, and always open attachments from people they've never heard of 'In case it's important.' When my father-in-law suggested that people making viruses should be strung up, I said that it was just as much the fault of the computer owner if they haven't taken basic precautions to prevent spreading the virus. He gave me a peculiar look, and I haven't been asked to sort out his computer since.

Read more at news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/tec...

No comments: